From:
[log in to unmask] (Steven Horwitz)
Date:
michael perelman wrote:

> I don't understand the importance of this discussion.  If Keynes were
> anti-Semetic and Hayek free from such views, would it mean that policies
> inspired by Hayek would be superior to those of Keynes?  I don't think
> so.

This is a question that should be addressed to Reder, not us.  What
motivated him to write the paper in the first place, particularly given the
non-existent evidence against Hayek and the highly questionable evidence
against Schumpeter, remains, to me at least, an utter mystery.

A thinker's status as an anti-Semite, or not, presumably has no necessarily
implications for the veracity his or her views on economics, which only
deepens the mystery.

And, for the record, as a "charter" member of the Hayek-L list, I wish to
echo the comments made by Bruce Caldwell and Barkley Rosser about the
quality of the conversations on that list, and to disassociate myself (and,
to the extent possible, the list as an entity) with whatever "threats" some
individual on that list might or might not have made.

Steve Horwitz