From:
[log in to unmask] (Tony Brewer)
Date:

The purpose of this mail is to draw attention to a job opportunity in
the History of Economic Thought (HET) at junior level in Bristol (UK).
The Bristol economics department is advertising a temporary lectureship
in economics (= assistant professor, non tenure-track) suitable for
someone who has recently completed or is about to complete a PhD. I
give a few more details below. If you know someone who might be
interested please draw it to their attention.

We are currently advertising one job in any field in economics. By the
time we reach the interview stage we hope to be able to offer more than
one post. We have teaching needs in various fields of which HET is one,
so the current advertisment does not specify that field in particular.
An appointee in HET would spend a bit less than half the time teaching
in the field, and would need to be able to teach other fields (such as
introdutory or intermediate economics or other field in economis or
econometrics) as well. The job is for just one year initially, but with
the possibility of extension up to three years in total. (We are also
advertising a permnent job, in any field in economics, but the HET gap
is more likely to be filled on a temporary basis.) Bristol has a strong
department (and is a good city to live in).

This possibility arises because I will be head of department and hence
pretty much a full time administrator for the next three years. My HET
course has 70+ students signed up for next year and will need teaching.

Please mail me for more details/discussion at:
The job ad can be found at:
http://bris.ac.uk/Depts/Economics/department/jobs/tem.htm
Information about the department can be found at:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/Economics/welcome.htm
An outline of the HET course as I taught it last year can be found at
http://bris.ac.uk/Depts/Economics/units2000/21038.htm
though if someone takes it over they could reshape it (within reason)
to fit their interests.

Tony Brewer