From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross Emmett)
Date:

[Those interested in the following should contact the editor directly at
[log in to unmask] -- RBE]

The History of U.S. Economic Policy, 1600s-2000

The History of U.S. Economic Policy is a unique,
comprehensive reference work designed to assist
scholars, students, and the general public in
understanding a complex subject. The key role that the
formation and implementation of economic policy has
played in American history can be traced back to the
mercantilist system and continues to the present.  The
strength of the economy often determines the outcome
of presidential races.  Economic policies impact all
areas of American life such as the environment, race
relations, immigration, banking, business, the music
industry, and foreign policy.

This two-volume, illustrated reference work, scheduled
for publication by ABC-CLIO in 2002, will focus on the
individuals, events, and legislation connected with
the development of economic policy.  Longer entries,
approximately 5,000 words in length, will cover broad
survey topics. All entries will be signed and all
authors noted on the contributor's page.

Authors willing to contribute 5,000 words or more will
receive a complimentary copy of the reference work
after publication. Authors of the longer survey
entries will receive a small honorarium.

If you are interested please let me know and I will
forward a list of the entries to you.  Your prompt
attention to the list will ensure the selection of
topics within your area of interest.  All topics will
be assigned on a first come basis.

I would also appreciate your assistance in passing
this information on to other faculty members in the
profession who would be interested in this project or
have students who may be interested.

I trust you will be willing to contribute to this
endeavor and appreciate your prompt reply.

Best regards,
Cynthia Northrup
Editor