From:
[log in to unmask] (Patrick Gunning)
Date:

James, I am uncertain why inequality would be a concern economically. Poverty might be a
concern if it is accompanied by a resource pool of lower value, such as might happen if
the poor suffer from malnutrition or cannot afford schooling, the cost of which is lower
than the increase in value of human capital that would presumably result.

Regarding a humanitarian concern, this concept is a bit fuzzy. I think that you may wish
to specify your meaning more fully. It would also be useful to specify what kind of
inequality you are writing about. Inequality is a fact of life but there is not much more
one can say until the type of inequality is specified.

Best wishes,
Pat Gunning