Date:

As far as I can see global economic inequality is maintained and increased
by some of the economic institutions we have created, such as our present
international trade laws, Intellectual Property laws, limited company laws
and resulting stock markets, and perhaps most basic: interest (or usury)
....This kind of analysis arises from modern Christian/Muslim/Jewish
analysis.

Apart from such contemporary analyses, you might also want to look up
material on the northern European economic systems (no, they do not believe
in *eradicating* inequality, but they do believe in *limiting* it), and I
am sure that you are familiar with Marxist, Maoist and similar leftist
views though these have had rather less prominence in the years since the
fall of the Berlin Wall.

I was recently asked to give a lecture on the topic "Building a Better
World: Why it does NOT happen and what to do about it" which develops these
themes. If you wish to obtain a copy of the CD of the lecture, please email
me.

prabhu guptara