From:
[log in to unmask] (Peter Boettke)
Date:
I want to reinforce Mat's point about Boulding's 1971 paper --- "After
Samuelson Who Needs Smith?" --- it is perhaps the best contra-Whig paper
I have ever read and the notion of the extended present is vital to the
idea of history of thought as a part of contemporary theorizing.

Boulding also said constantly in class to us listening that we will
learn more from the wastebaskets of economists than we would ever learn
from what they finally publish.  He would smile and say, perhaps we
should publish the waste baskets.

Pete Boettke