From:
[log in to unmask] (Pat Gunning)
Date:
Mon Jul 10 14:14:57 2006
Mason, I can only reply that you are relying on secondary sources who
seem to have that cherry picking quality. Try reading what Wicksteed
wrote in the 20th century instead of what some Georgist wrote about him
or about what he wrote. If you can find something in Wicksteed that even
hints that he believed that land has some special quality as a factor of
production or that he agreed with George's notion of the single tax, I
would be amazed.You might also read Lionel Robbins introduction to the
1933 edition to Wicksteed's Common Sense, where he writes specifically
about George's influence on Wicksteed.

Pat Gunning