From:
[log in to unmask] (Lars Jonung)
Date:
Fri Jul 28 14:43:17 2006
Concerning economic fallacies:

1. Allow me to recommend E J Mishan "21 popular economic fallacies",
Praeger, 1969. "The perfect book for anyone starting the study of economics"
as reviewed by the Economist.

And then Geoffrey Wood "Fifty Economic Fallacies exposed", most recent
version from IEA in London, 2002.

Comparing the two volumes, gives an idea how (mainstream) economic thought
is developing and how the writing of popular texts in economics is evolving.

Many of the issues raised in the exchange on "economic fallacies" are well
covered in these volumes. Of course, we should not expect consensus on these
matters.

Lars Jonung