From:
[log in to unmask] (John C. Médaille)
Date:
Thu Jun 5 09:55:11 2008
Pat Gunning wrote:
>----------------- HES POSTING -----------------
>John Medaille wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't the "science of (human) choice and
> >action (under all conditions)" be psychology?
> John C. M??daille
>
>I suppose that the answer depends on how one
>defines psychology. I don't recall any
>psychologists defining it as the science of
>choice, but I do now of economists who define
>economics as the science of action, which implies choice.

The only way I can parse that sentence is,
"Psychology is not the science of human choices;
economics is the science of human choice and
action." Doesn't leave much room for Psychology,
does it?  But if I were trying to influence the
public's product choices with an ad campaign,
would I hire an economist or a psychologist?

John C. M?daille