From:
[log in to unmask] (Pat Gunning)
Date:
Thu Jun 5 13:36:41 2008
John C. M?daille wrote:

>if I were trying to influence the
>public's product choices with an ad campaign,
>would I hire an economist or a psychologist?

A psychologist. But if you were trying to make money by betting on whether the ad campaign would succeed, you should hire an applied economist. You should also hire an economist if you are trying to decide whether such an ad campaign should be declared illegal on the basis of clearly defined goals, such as economic welfare.

Pat Gunning