AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Dale Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:48:21 EDT
Form: Reply
Text: (32 lines follow)
Away from my office until  April 17; phone ref. 992-6534. Absent jusqu'au 17
avril; tél réf. 992-6534.

W.Dale Ward
Library and Documentation Services
National Archives of Canada
Room 256,West Memorial Building
344 Wellington
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N3
Telephone:  (613)996-9280
FAX:        (613)943-8491
Internet:  [log in to unmask]
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Leith Peterson" <[log in to unmask]>, on 4/8/00 10:01 PM:

Apologies for cross postings

I would like to know who uses FileMaker Pro (FMP) in their archives
and in what capacity.  I am aware of Kenneth Breau's application of
FMP for the photo collection at the Université of Moncton Archives,
due to his posting on the listserv on March 23/00.  Also, I know the
JJ Talman Regional Collection, University of Western Ontario, has
recently started using FMP for their photo and postcard collections.
I have developed records retention schedules with FMP.  Has anyone
made up an actual inventory or finding aid with this software?  Has
anyone used it on a Mac?  Any cross-platform (PC/Mac) experiences
with FMP?  Pls advise.  Thanks.

Leith Peterson, Archives Consultant
London, Ontario