From:
[log in to unmask] (Anil Kumar Nauriya)
Date:
  Martin could be Kurt Martin.
  He was earlier in Germany as Kurt Mandelbaum and was associated
  with, rather he was part of,  the Frankfurt School.
  I think before WW II he moved to Manchester  where he taught for
  several years. He spent his last years in Holland. I remember a
  lecture by Roy Harrod in which he   said Kurt Martin (perhaps as
  Kurt Mandelbaum) wrote the first book  on Development Economics.
  This book was written probably when Martin was teaching at
  Manchester. I saw the book once but forget the title now. Martin was
  a friend of Joan Robinson.

  Anil Nauriya