From:
[log in to unmask] (Alex Millmow)
Date:
HETSA CONFERENCE 2006:
CALL FOR PAPERS

‘Rummaging through the golden threads of the history of economic thought’

The 19th Conference of the History of the Economic Society of Australia
4 -7 July, 2006
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

The School of Business at the University of Ballarat is pleased to host this exciting
convention of some of Australia’s finest minds meeting in one of Australia’s most
famous and historic towns. A city visited in the past by such iconic figures as Mark
Twain, R.L.S. Trollope, Henry George and Stanley Jevons; and in our own time Geoff
Harcourt, Michael White and even Milton Friedman.

The best in surrounds, foods and conviviality

This year all papers submitted by the relevant deadlines will be referred.
(Other papers will be accepted when possible but not referred)
Deadline for Abstracts: 25 April 2006
Deadline for Papers:     31 May 2006

We welcome anyone who is willing to put together their own session.

Featuring
•     Welcome to Ballarat cocktail evening Tuesday 4th July.
•     Visit places around Ballarat where the intellectual and economic wealth of the
Australian nation began: Mechanics Institute, Eureka Stockade, Gold Mining Museum and
Archives
•     “Blood on the Southern Cross” evening show at Sovereign Hill Museum.
•     Sumptuous succulent conference dinner with Ballarat balladeers and local
raconteurs
•     Special overseas keynote speakers

Information will be available on our website:
http://www.ballarat.edu.au/ard/business/hetsa06
For more information contact:

Jerry Courvisanos           or       Alex Millmow
[log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]
phone: (03) 5327 9417 (office)       (03) 5327 9057
        0407 485 860 (mobile)

Alex Millmow