From:
[log in to unmask] (DANIEL W. BROMLEY)
Date:
Peter Boettke has brought much needed clarity to the discussion of
"institutionalism."

The "us" versus "them" mindset is a destructive position for anyone to
take--especially is this so in intellectual pursuits. The vast richness of
conceptual and empirical work that goes on in economics, broadly defined,
defies simple and quite arbitrary taxonomic demarcations--and the sooner we
get over this sad legacy of the past the better.

Let us continue to strive to advance the more plausible accounts of human
action--leaving aside the baggage of labels--and in the fullness of time
success will be measured by who has managed to produce the more compelling
and durable account. That is what good scholarship has always meant, and I
hope that is what good scholarship will always mean.

Dan Bromley
University of Wisconsin