AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Brian Masschaele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:22:38 -0500
Colleagues, the Association of Canadian Archivists's response to Ontario's Proposed Privacy of Personal Information Act, 2002 is now available on the ACA's website at the following link:  http://archivists.ca/official_com/privacy-ontario.htm.  Those of you following this important piece of legislation will find this of interest.  This letter compliments the AAO's own input into this legislation recently posted on this list.  Many thanks to Cathy Bailey, ACA webmaster, for posting this letter on the site.

A personal comment:  As both an AAO and ACA member, and a chair of a committee in both organizations, I am really pleased to see this national support of what is at the moment a provincial piece of legislation, but one that could have an impact nationally.  (The legislation bills itself as being the most comprehensive in North America, perhaps setting a new standard.)  I commend the ACA for getting involved in this provincial issue in tandem with the AAO.  I am sure the ACA would appreciate any additional support/comments AAO members may have.  They can be communicated to me at the address below.  Regards,

Brian Masschaele, Archivist
Elgin County Archives
450 Sunset Drive
St. Thomas ON  N5R 5V1  Canada
Phone:  519-631-1460 ext. 138  Fax:  519-631-9209
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]