From:
[log in to unmask] (Goncalo Fonseca)
Date:
=================== HES POSTING =====================

Hello,

I've been working with Leanne Ussher on an HET Web page for a few months.
It is still horribly incomplete and I did not want to announce it yet.
However, apparently the search engines picked it up and people are already
visiting it, thus I figure I might as well tell everybody - although
CAUTIONING THAT IT IS VERY INCOMPLETE AS YET AND NUMEROUS ERRORS HAVE NOT
BEEN PURGED AND IT IS NOWHERE NEAR ITS FINAL FORM.

It is located at:

        http://www.econ.jhu.edu/people/fonseca/het/hethome.htm

A bit of background might be useful.  I was working on a page on Walrasian
economics when I understood from Leanne that Robert Heilbroner
and William Milberg of the New School were looking for a place where
students in their HET classes could get links on different resources on
particular historical figures.  We combined efforts and this is what we
have so far.

It has evolved somewhat beyond our original intentions and has become sort
of an interlinked "Economic Theory" page where one can travel from
economist to economist, tracing their contributions to economic theory,
who they were influenced by, who they influenced, the school of thought,
etc.  Thus, it stretches a bit beyond standard HET fare (particularly
since I uploaded some old notes on particular topics and interlinked
these).

Like I said, I wanted to keep it under wraps until it was more complete
and all the errors fiercely rooted out.  Anyway, it's growing a bit beyond
our capacity to maintain and chances are we will never finish it anyway. I
figured you would find it interesting.   I would welcome any
suggestions for further links, etc.  I sincerely apologize for having kept
the heterodox sections a bit underdeveloped at this time, but we are
handling over five hundred economists - thus give us time, give us time...

Cheers and enjoy,

Goncalo L. Fonseca