From:
[log in to unmask] (Sandra Peart)
Date:
==================== HES POSTING =====================

Dear Colleagues:

On the occasion of Samuel Hollander's retirement from the University of
Toronto, a conference has been organized to be held Sept. 27-28 1998 in
Toronto Canada.  The conference theme is "Reflecting on the Canon".  The
program includes papers by Alessandro Roncaglia, Warren Samuels,
Margaret Schabas, Thomas Rymes, Natalie Sigot, Anthony Waterman,
Nigel Allington, William Baumol, Anthony Endres, Gary Mongiovi,
Lawrence Moss, Richard Kleer, Ingrid Peters-Fransen, Jeff Young,
Omar Hamouda, David Levy, Pier Luigi Porta, Sam Hollander,
Christian Schmidt, and John Whitaker.

Conference events will be held at the Toronto Colony Hotel and the
University of Toronto.  A retirement banquet will take place on Sunday
night, with guest speaker Paul Samuelson.

We have received an offer to publish the proceedings of the conference,
and Dian Cohen will create a radio documentary about the event.

We are delighted to invite those of you who would like to celebrate Sam's
work to attend the conference.  You can obtain details about the program
and registration by contacting:

    Sandra Peart
    Dept. of Economics
    Baldwin-Wallace College
    275 Eastland Rd.
    Berea Ohio 44017-2088

    Fax:  (440) 826-3835
    phone: (440) 826-2120
    e-mail [log in to unmask]

An e-mail inquiry is sufficient.

Thank you in advance for your interest in this event.  We hope to have a
wonderful celebration of Sam's work at the UofT.