From:
[log in to unmask] (Rosanne Currarino)
Date:
Perhaps the following books might be useful:

James Livingston, Pragmatism and the Political Economy of Cultural
Revolution, 1850-1940.  While Livingston doesn't address psychology and
economics at length, he does delve into the implications of marginalism
and pragmatism on ideas of the self.

Dorothy Ross, The Origins of American Social Science.

Christopher Lasch, True and Only Heaven.  I lent my copy to a colleague
recently, so I can't check this.  But Lasch has a little bit of every
single bit of 19th- and 20th-century intellectual history in this book.

Good luck on the project - it sounds fascinating.

Best,

Rosanne Currarino
Penn Humanities Forum
University of Pennsylvania