From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross Emmett)
Date:

[This question was posed on the Eh.Net ASK THE PROF service. I hope someone
on the list can help. - BE]

I've just finished reading "A Discourse of the Commonweal of This Realm of
England", attr. Thomas Smith, first published in 1581 and since edited by
Mary Dewar (University Press of Virginia for The Folger Shakespeare
Library,
1969). HET is not my major field, but this text struck me as fascinating
and Thomas Smith as a "precursor" in more than one of his ideas. I've thus
been surprised not to find anything at all on Thomas Smith as an economic
thinker
(though there is a biography, also by Dewar). Since, as I say, I'm not
habitually a HET researcher, perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places.
Suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.