From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross Emmett)
Date:

In other summers, we've had mysteries, puzzles or jokes. Here is a list of
books in the history of economics that should have been written but never
were. The list comes from The History of Economics Society Bulletin, volume
1, issue 1 (Winter 1979): 24. You can now find this issue of the Bulletin,
and all others, at the History of Economics Society website
(http://www.eh.net/HE/HisEcSoc/bulletin).

A number of additions to this list were published in the second issue of
the Bulletin. I'd be happy to post your additions to HES!

Petty on Cash
Edgeworth on Marginal Value
Fawcett on Liquidity
Longfield on the Extensive Margin
Walras on Carpenters
Hicks on the Rural Sector
Sir Dudley North on the Deadly Dull South
Whately on Time Preference
Playfair on Game Theory
Locke on Smith
Senior on the Economics of the Aging
Canaan on the Armaments Industry

These titles were suggested by Gerald Sirkin, William Grampp and Karen
Vaughn.

Ross Emmett