From:
[log in to unmask] (De-Rouvray,CA)
Date:
Could you please post this query to your HES list:

I am looking for a picture of Anne Bezanson (1881-1980). She played a crucial role in the
creation of the Economic History Association in the early 1940s and was the first woman to
get full tenure at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton). She sat on the NBER Price
Conference in the mid 30s; directed the Industrial Research Department at Wharton for ten
years (mid 30s to mid 40s) and was President of the Economic History Association in
1946/47. I found an old, jaundiced newspaper clipping, but the picture quality is very
poor. Perhaps Wharton has a 'wall of fame' of sorts? (the Upenn Archivist has nothing)

Any leads would be welcome; see below for more comprehensive biographical information.

Thank you
Cristel de Rouvray

Anne Bezanson (1881-1980); Born in Nova Scotia (Canada). AB, AM (1915) in economics,
Radcliffe College; PhD (1929) in economics at Harvard University and Radcliffe College.