From:
[log in to unmask] (Jean Magnan de Bornier)
Date:
> A first game-theoretic model with Bertrand behaviour was published in the
> early fifties of the last century by Nash and others. Bertrand's review
is
> mentioned in this article, but I have the strong feeling that none of
these
> authors read Bertrand's review. They were echoing Edgeworth and put it in
a > new framework.

You are quite right on that.

> My question is: who coined the name "Bertrand model" for a model with a
>price competing oligopolist?

You might have a look at this paper of mine:
"The 'Cournot-Bertrand Debate': a Historical Perspective", History of
Political Economy, fall 1992

But Bertrand's name keeps being associated with this model, maybe because
theoreticians don't read historians and they have more power to name
concepts than historians.

Jean Magnan de Bornier