From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
===================== HES POSTING =======================

Two of the Leijonhuvod interviews are already available through the UCLA
Oral History Project:

1. Tape recording of an interview with Oskar Morgenstern (1.25 hours). The
interview was conducted in 1977.

2. Transcript of interview with F.A. Hayek (interview session was
videotaped). Interview conducted in 1978. Interview covered Hayek's
intellectual development at Univ. of Vienna, several of the other Austrian
economists, the Mises seminar, Hayek's interest in literature -- esp.
Goethe, liberalism in 1920s Vienna, and _The Road to Serfdom_. The
transcript is a part of a larger set of interviews with Hayek, packaged
together as _Hayek, F.A.: Nobel-Prize Winning Economist_.

Access to these interviews is available from the UCLA Oral History
Project, Department of Special Collections, University of California, Los
Angeles. There is a catalog for the project available (this is where I
obtained the above info from): The UCLA Oral History Progam: Catalog of
the Collection, second ed., compiled by Vimala Jayanti, 1992. I believe
the catalog costs $25 and can be ordered.

Ross B. Emmett                Editor, HES and CIRLA-L
Augustana University College
e-mail: [log in to unmask]