From:
[log in to unmask] (Kevin Quinn)
Date:

Fortuitously, just before reading Mat's post below, I read a chapter in
Vivian Walsh's *Rationality, Allocation and Reproduction* where he
cites this anecdote in a discussion of the degree to which Sraffa was
influenced by logical positivism--in his rejection of "subjectivism" in
value theory, eg. He says it would be ironic if Sraffa were a positivist
and simultaneously the proximate cause of Ludwig's rethinking of his
Tractatus theory of language. Walsh cites Eatwell, but what is the
original source of ths piece of lore, which I find wildly implausible?
Was it in Monk? I know the latter says that W. got lots of political
advice and analysis from Sraffa, which does seem plausible.

Kevin Quinn