Date:
Bruce Caldwell wrote:

<< I quickly acknowledge my agreement with Susan Feiner's claims that most economics
education is chalk and talk by white, male middle-aged profs, and that there are few
Marxists in the B-Schools. My point is that in many of the other classes in the social
sciences and (especially) the humanities, and in much of the media, economic topics are
presented in such a way that the standard economics message is quite different.  >>

I think the frustration that some are experiencing with the method or style in which
economics is taught has really more to do with the intransigence by which political
correctness was greeted by the econ departments. While the other social sciences ran with
open arms to unquestionably embrace every and all new demands made, economics resisted.
And, because economics is really a much older and more sophisticated subject than many
outside the field realize, it will continue to frustrate those with the "new" agenda.

Chas  Anderson