Date:

My current research is about late-nineteenth century economic and religious
thought in Britain. I came to this topic almost by accident, although I now
realise that Boyd Hilton's book The Age of Atonement (about the first half
of the nineteenth century) is full of indications for research in that
field.

Ian Steedman has written interesting articles about the Unitarian P.H.
Wicksteed, but I haven't come across anything bearing on the Economic
Review and the role of Charles Gore's Christian Social Union in economic
thought. I know of only very few references to Wilfrid Richmond's "Economic
Morals" and "Christian Economics", and to the best of my knowledge
Cunningham's economics have only been studied in relation to Marshall's,
but never to the Church of England.

Can anyone in the list indicate if I am wrong? I would be very grateful for
any reference to articles (including old ones, not mentionned in online
databases), unpublished PhDs, chapters of books... I welcome any discussion
about this on or off list.

Julien Vincent
Jesus College, Cambridge (UK)