AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:23:27 -0800
hi, not much time.   I am a fraud investigator who has worked in the Court
system for many yrs.  time has enabled me to note the suspect cover up of
court retention schedules.  disturbing when we consider that a charge
usually begins in J.P.s office.  at that time a tape is made of the
interview with the alleged victim.  If a charge is accepted by the J.P. and
a warrant or "Information " is signed by J.P. this is placed on an Intake
Docket.  When the tape is full of interviews the J.P. sends the full tape
over to the court reporters at old city hall.  the completed intake docket
is attached to the tape to ease access to names and dates by a court
reporter asked to transcribe a charge on the tape.       the retention sch.
of these tapes and the dockets shud be     EASILY ACCESSIBLE.   SHOULD NOT
BE DESTROYED AS SOON AS CASE IS DEALT WITH.  SINCE THIS IS THE HEART OF MOST
CRIMINAL CHARGES THE IMPORTANCE OF THESE DOC'S CANNOT BE UNDERESTIMATED.

I WAS CONCERNED WITH THIS SECTION FOR STARTERS:
* Seven, the draft bill provides that any personal information records shall
be destroyed when their original purpose is finished.

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS BILL DOES NOT ENEN RELATE TO COURT RETENTION

THANK U FOR YOUR TIME       JAYE......