AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mark Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:53:51 -0500
Folks -

The AAO has hired me to finish off the MAIG Directory of institutions
with municipal archival materials.  Thanks to all who completed profile
questionnaires and sent them to Bruce Beacock.  We need, though to have
ALL member institutions with these holdings complete one.  To date, 34
have been received; by my calculations after going through the online
directory on the AAO website, there are just under 100 member
institutions with municipal records.  Only those profiles received by
March 28th will be included.so.if you haven't done so, please fill out
the profile questionnaire below and send it by return e-mail to me ASAP.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Mark

G. Mark Walsh, Consultant
Recorded Information Management,
Archives, Historical Research & Writing

MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES INTEREST GROUP - PROFILE QUESTIONNAIRE

Name of Archives or Institution -

1. Parent Organization / Governing Body (e.g. Municipality, Historical
Society, etc.) -

2. Administrative / Reporting Structure (e.g. Committee, Board,
Administrator - describe briefly) -

3. In what year was the Archives or Institution established? -

4. Address -

5. Mailing Address (if different than above) -

6. Contact / Head of Archives or Institution -

7. Title of Above -

8. Telephone Number(s) -

9. Facsimile Number -

10. E-Mail Address -

11. Web Page URL (if applicable) -

12. Business Hours (including seasonal information, if applicable) -

13. Please indicate which of the following describes your institution:

a) Part of a municipal corporation, with the management of archival
municipal records as a core function.

b) Not part of a municipal corporation, but responsible for the
management of archival municipal records through a formal agreement with
such a corporation.

c) Neither part of a municipal corporation, nor party to an agreement
with such a corporation; however, we have acquired some municipal
records.

14. If you indicated (c) above, please describe the circumstances under
which you acquired, or are acquiring, municipal records -

15. Collections Policy.  Please supply information as it relates to
municipal records only -

16. Please list all municipalities (current and former) for which you
have custody of municipal records -

17. Is the Archives or Institution's mandate respecting its management
of municipal records established under by-law, or other formal
statement?  If a by-law, please give number.  If otherwise, please
describe briefly -

18. Briefly describe services to the public (e.g. photocopying,
inter-loan, etc.) -

19. Is the Institution accessible to disabled persons? -