AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Joseph Travers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:49:54 -0500

HAIG, those Health Archivists you hear so much about, are about to descend on Southwestern Ontario for their Spring CHAT.

HAIG exists to be an information and networking resource for archivists working in health-related institutions throughout Ontario, and since our Annual General Meeting will be in Kingston this year (at the AAO Conference), we thought it appropriate that we visit the fair land of southwestern Ontario to get to know the Health Archivists there.

The CHAT runs from 11 am to 2 pm (to allow archivists from all parts of southern ontario to get there easily) on Friday, April 2nd.  It will be held at the Sussman-Deadman Archival Centre, located a the Regional Mental Health Centre in London, Ontario.

WHERE?
Sussman-Deadman Archival Centre
Regional Mental Health Care Centre, London
850 Highbury Avenue
London, Ontario
(see attached for map - look for "Regional Mental Health London")

WHEN?
Friday, April 2nd, 2004
11 am - 2 pm

Please join us for lunch, a tour and a discussion of topics relating to health archives at the Sussman-Deadman Archival Centre in London, the host site for this yearıs Spring CHAT.
The Centre, founded in 1995 by Dr. Sam Sussman, is located at the Regional Mental Health Centre (formerly the London Psychiatric Hospital) in London, Ontario. The Centre contains records of the Hospital from 1870 in addition to artifacts relating to the history of mental health. It is a valuable information hub for researchers and those interested in psychiatric institutionalization in southwestern Ontario.
Those interested are encouraged to contact HAIG chair Joseph Travers by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at 416-967-2600 x277 for directions, car-pooling and to make reservations.

 <<stjoessitemap.jpg>>