AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Marian Spence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 15:01:31 -0400
Can you help?

I have been looking at Inmagic for archive software. Our school supports
Microsoft Access and the  head of our IT department believes that we should
use it.

Everyone (in the archival world) I have talked to has suggested that Access
is not a good idea for archival databases.  Why?  Can you offer any concrete
reasons why Access is difficult to use? What are it's shortcomings? What
other software might be better.  I need specifics to make my point with our
IT department. DO you know anyone who can help me - any articles written
about it?...

Please reply to:

Marian Spence
Upper Canada College Archives