AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Mark Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 16:55:17 -0400
Doug -

In addition to Brian's comments and your own analysis...a question came
to mind...you may have checked this already...is there anything in your
Council's procedural by-law that deals with recording meetings of
Council and its committees - especially without permission?

And in terms of the evidentiary value of the recording, I'm no
lawyer...but there are issues like the chain of custody that (a) might
have the recording thrown out altogether and (b) might have it
superseded by either the testimony that Brian refers to, or the official
minutes of the meeting.

Just some thoughts...

Cheers!

Mark