AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
rhsj-sjp Archives <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:42:13 -0400
May 14th, 2002
A Message from HAIG, the Health Archivists Interest Group

For those of you who have not signed onto the HAIGnews list but are
interested in the latest news...

HAIG has recently distributed information about the upcoming HAIG meeting to
be held in St. Catharines, and information about the HAIG response to the
draft privacy legislation.  If interested, you can view all this and more at
the HAIGnews archives:  http://haig.notifylist.com/haignews-archive/

Highlights:

1.)  HAIGs Annual Meeting to be held at the Archives Association of Ontario
Annual Conference, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario...

Entitled "HAIG: Discover the Luddite within", the meeting will take place
Wednesday, June 19th, from 1:30 - 4:30. We encourage everyone to bring
examples of how Luddite technology (non-computer) is the best solution for
certain circumstances in your workplace.  We can only embrace the future
once we have a firm grip on the past.

2.)  HAIG has sent a response to the Ontario government concerning the Draft
of the Privacy of Personal Information Act.  The HAIG recommendations were
discussed at the recent HAIG CHAT (Colloquium on Health Archives Topics)
held on April 19th at the Museum of Health Care in Kingston.  To see the
HAIG recommentations, please visit the HAIGnews.

3.)  For all this (the above) and more, stay tuned to the HAIG webpage
(http://www.fis.utoronto.ca/hilscan/haig/haig.html), where this and the
latest editions of our newsletter (which regular appears in Off The Record)
can be viewed.

All questions on any of the above or whatever else you can think of should
be directed to Joseph Travers, HAIG Co-Chair and News Editor,

Cheryl Brown
HAIG Co-Chair

St. Joseph Region Archives
Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph