AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Dale, Michele (MBS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:51:17 -0400
TOUR THE STEAM WHISTLE BREWING COMPANY!

Everyone (of legal drinking age) is invited to join the TAAG Team for a
fun-filled evening of conviviality this Thursday, starting with a tour of
the Steam Whistle Brewing Company. The brewery is located in the old railway
roundhouse at 255 Bremner Boulevard (immediately south of the CN Tower).
Meet us at the brewery entrance at 5:15 pm sharp this Thursday to hear a
brief history of the roundhouse from fellow archivist and railway buff, Ted
Wickson. Then we will be taken on a tour of the brewing facilities and, of
course, will enjoy a tasting of their famous pilsner beer. Don't forget your
$5.00 for the tour and pint of beer!

After our tour, you are invited to sample more beverages and food at the
Elephant & Castle Pub, located at the corner of King and Simcoe streets.
We'll walk up to the pub together and meet any colleagues and friends who
could not make it for the tour, but would like to join us at the Pub. We
should be there at about 6:45 to 7:00 pm.

For more information about the brewing company and for a map of its
location, please check out their website at: www.steamwhistle.ca

Remember, as long as you are 19 or over, you are welcome at this event and
no RSVP is necessary.  See you on Thursday!

Michele Dale, TAAG President
A/Senior Archivist, Education Portfolio
Archives of Ontario
phone: (416) 327-1529, fax: (416) 327-1999
e-mail: [log in to unmask]