AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Brian Masschaele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:46:49 -0400
Fellow AAO members,

The Municipal Archives Interest Group (MAIG) executive has changed the time of our meeting at this year's AAO conference to facilitate a greater attendance.  The meeting will now take place on Friday, June 21st as a breakfast meeting.  Breakfast will be served at 7:30 am during the course of which we will convene our meeting.  The cost of breakfast is included in your registration by the way.

MEETING LOCATION:  Alumni Lounge, 13th floor of the Schmon Tower, the main building on campus which also houses the James A. Gibson Library (I am told it is a fantastic view).  We would like to get the meeting started by 7:45 am to avoid a conflict with the opening session so please be prompt for 7:30 am breakfast.  An agenda and meeting package will be available at the conference registration desk.

I invite any AAO member to attend as many of the issues we will be discussing are of relevance to any community archives.  One does not need to be a municipal archivist!  Among other things, we will be unveiling the MAIG Directory (which is really much more than a directory) as well as putting forward a mission statement for the group.  Carolyn Heald of the Archives of Ontario will also be seeking our input on a new Archives Act for the province.

Please indicate your attendance to me so that we can determine how many to expect, although we also welcome any last minute attendees.  The day's agenda appears after my signature.  Regards,

Brian Masschaele, Archivist
Elgin County Archives
450 Sunset Drive
St. Thomas ON  N5R 5V1
Phone:  519-631-1460, ext. 138; Fax:  519-631-9209
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

ARCHIVES ASSOCIATION OF ONTARIO

MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES INTEREST GROUP

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

BROCK UNIVERSITY, 21 JUNE 2002, 7:30 AM

1. Welcome and approval of agenda

2. Adoption of Minutes of 2001 AGM (June 14th, 2001) and Minutes of Meeting of 13 October 2001

3. Report of the Chair

4. Business Arising
A) MAIG Directory and Report - Presentation and Discussion
B) MAIG Mission Statement - Discussion and Approval
C) Municipal Act follow-up
D) Ontario Vital Statistics Improvement Project - Status?

5. Archives of Ontario and a proposed new Archives Act

6.  New Business

A) Designation of AMCTO liaison
B) Open House 2002 - Suggestions?
C) 2002-2003 budget