From:
Sylvia Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:05:07 -0600
Request for assistance. I am a University of Alberta MSc Health Promotion student doing a practicum placement in David Thompson Health Region in Alberta. The project focuses on Health Promotion and Prevention of Chronic Disease. The chronic diseases of interest are heart health , diabetes, and cancer. The modifiable risk factors of interest are exercise, healthy nutrition, and tobacco reduction. I have been requested to complete an environmental scan of population health initiatives specific to the diseases and modifiable risk factors listed above, on a provincial, national, and international level.  I am having difficulty finding information about population health initiatives at the provincial, national, and international level. Is anyone able to provide me with suggestions or assistance?
Thank you.
Sylvia Simmons