AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 11:15:16 -0400
FYI....
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Outreach
Sent: May 1, 2007 4:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Arcan-l] Advocacy Support - City of Regina Archives (CORA)
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
On May 8th, we will have a significant opportunity to reverse the City of Regina decision to cut its archivist position. The committee on Finance and Administration will hear our brief concerning the City budget and its implications on that date.
The more support we can show for the City of Regina Archives prior to that meeting, the more effect we will have. Regardless of whether or not you live in Regina, if you haven't taken a moment to do so, please drop by our website and send an e-postcard to the City of Regina Mayor and Council. If you live in or are from Regina, however, your voice in particular needs to be heard.
Please also feel free to pass this message along to anyone you believe would find this issue of interest. A list of the issues, documents and key points may be found on our website: <http://www.scaa.sk.ca/cityregina_postcard.php>
Thank you, and thanks to everyone who has already responded. We have good reason to believe this advocacy campaign is having effect.

Saskatchewan Council for Archives and Archivists