AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Ellen Scheinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Scheinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 10:50:18 -0400
Charlotte,

I agree with you completely. These are our colleagues. If your job was
eliminated or in jeopardy, what would you expect of the AAO? Perhaps we
are not the types of people to carry picket signs or feel comfortable
boycotting the United Church (which isn't really an option for me), but
we should word these documents strongly, so that the powers that be
understand that these individuals are an invaluable resource to the
United Church of Canada for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I think we
put more effort into saving heritage buildings -- which are certainly
worthy of protection -- than protecting archival positions and our
colleague's livelihoods.

Ellen Scheinberg
Director
Ontario Jewish Archives
Latner Centre for Jewish Knowledge and Heritage
UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
4600 Bathurst St.
Toronto, Ont.
M2R 3V2
416-635-2883 ext. 187
fax: 416-849-1006
www.ontariojewisharchives.org

Remember Israel's captive soldiers - Ehud Goldwasser, Eldad Regev  &
Gilad Shalit.