CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:25:14 -0400
Conference: Social Determinants of Health
29 November 2002 to 1 December 2002, Toronto, Canada

This conference aims to increase awareness and
understanding of how societal factors determine the
health of Canadians. As we deepen our understanding of
the relationship between social determinants and
health, we develop a fresh understanding of the causes of
health and illness, and correspondingly build upstream
approaches to health policy. We have a unique
opportunity to promote collaborative population health
strategies to strengthen these determinants.

Conference themes include: health services, education,
employment & working conditions, income & income
distribution, unemployment, early life, food security,
housing, social exclusion and social safety net. The
event concludes with a panel presentation of leading
policy makers who will reveal how inequalities in health
status can be addressed.

Poster sessions run concurrently - submissions can be
made online.

This national conference is jointly sponsored by:
Health Canada's Health Policy Research Program
York University's School of Health Policy and
Management
CIHR Institute of Population and Public Health
and Centre for Social Justice.

E-mail enquiries: [log in to unmask]

Website: http://www.atkinson.yorku.ca/frschhstm.htm