From:
Lea Narciso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:09:06 -0500
Hello Shayna:
I would suggest that you contact Matthew Perry at HALCO (HIV and AIDS Legal Clinic (Ontario)) at toll free: 1-888-705-8889 or [log in to unmask] OR contact someone at the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network.
Lea
 Diane Buhler <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Thanks very much to all who responded to my query about health issues
and refugees. It has been very helpful.

I have still not been able to find an answer to a concern about
immigrants and AIDS testing. Does anyone know whether, with the passage
of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, do refugees now have to
undergo HIV/AIDS testing? Also, are refugees subject to medical
inadmissibility, as are other immigrants?

Thanks again for any assistance.

Shayna Buhler
McGill University

Lea Narciso . Program Director . Ontario AIDS Network

25 Adelaide Street East . Suite 915 . Toronto . Ontario . Canada . M5C 3A1

T: 416.364.4555 Ext. 306 . F: 416.364.1250

W: www.ontarioaidsnetwork.on.ca