From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
===================== HES POSTING ===================

The following query recently came in to the HES "Ask the Professor"
service. While I can provide my own comments on the questions, I thought
I'd pose these questions to the list generally. I will compile the

Ross Emmett

--------------------------------
I've been trying to find knowledgeable economists who can give
me their opinions/information about Aristotle's seminal contributions
to the field of economics. I've found several books on the topic but
my project requires responses from field experts. As an outline
only, responses can be to these questions:

1) What do you think was Aristotle's main contribution to the
development of economic thought? Why?
2) How did his ideas differ from those of his predecessors and
contemporaries specifically noting Plato, Xenophon or Hesiod?

Any other valuable insights or important points about Aristotle
would be greatly appreciated.