From:
[log in to unmask] (Witold Kwasnicki)
Date:

Larry Moss wrote:

>>In short, I do not see Friedman "begining anything" but rather responding
in a profoundly responsible way to strong statements that Keynes made for a
variety of reasons (only some of which were scholarly) in his General
Theory. If we need to find a polemicist in these debates it is much more
likely to be Keynes than Friedman.  I use the word "polemicist" not to
disparage Keynes since much like Madison Avenue advertising, the trick in
academics as in commercial life, is to catch your target audience's
attention and Keynes did that well.>>

It reminds me opinion of Winston Churchill, who probably used to say that:
" If you put two economists in a room, you get two opinions, unless one of
them is Lord Keynes, in which case you get three opinions". Naturally after
decades it is possible to interpret Keynes  just to fit prejudice
arguments. In the end we can say "In short, Old Greeks said it before many
times ...",

Witold Kwasnicki
Wroclaw University