From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross Emmett)
Date:
>From Roy Weintraub:

Economists' Papers Project Grants

This info is also available at
http://www.eh.net/HE/HisEcSoc/carchive/HES2003/eppgrants.shtml

I am pleased to announce that, in support of the HES Annual Meeting July 4-7, 2003 at Duke
University, Duke Provost Peter Lange has provided funds to enable graduate students and
young scholars (within five years of Ph.D. or equivalent) based outside the United States
of America to utilize the materials in the Economists' Papers Project (EPP) located in the
Rare Books, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library of Duke University. These grants,
of up to $500 per person, will be paid directly to the Millennium Hotel (which will be the
conference hotel for those not in the dormitories) for hotel stays before or after the
July 4-7 conference. The funds will be administered by the Economics Department, whose
Acting Chair is Professor Craufurd Goodwin.

Those who wish to apply for these grants should email or write to me directly, indicating
(in a couple of paragraphs) the nature of the applicant's research project and the
proposed use of the EPP materials. The deadline for making such requests is February 15,
2003.

The website for the Economists' Papers Project is
http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/economists/

The website for the HES 2003 conference is http://www.eh.net/HE/HisEcSoc/carchive/HES2003/

E. Roy Weintraub, President-Elect, History of Economics Society
Dept. of Economics, Duke University
Box 90097
Durham NC 27708
Phone: (919) 660-1838