From:
[log in to unmask] (Heath Pearson)
Date:
It's worth noting too that historians of philosophy, political thought, etc have for some
time now accepted and engaged in what the Germans call Begriffsgeschichte, i.e.
"conceptual history." It amounts to exploring how concepts emerged and have evolved over
time. Not everyone buys into it -- I have in mind especially those who associate it with
the isolation of hermetic "unit-ideas" -- but many would agree that has been fruitful when
done carefully. Is there any reason why historians of economics cannot or should not
follow this lead? Some might say that another JGA Pocock is exactly what our subdiscipline
needs.

Heath Pearson