From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
================= HES POSTING ====================

I am pleased to announce (finally!) that the archives for the HES list
are now complete. When HES moved to EH.Net in late January 1996, the only
record of previous messages was the log of messages stored on my
computer. Over the past two months, Rob Wilson (manager of EH.Net lists)
and I have been adding that backlog to the archive of HES messages. There
is now a complete record of discussion on HES from its inception in
February 1995 to the present.

The URL for the HES list archives is:

http://cs.muohio.edu/Archives/hes/

One additional note: Because HES was unmoderated before the move to
EH.Net, there were a number of messages in the backlog which I did not
think appropriate to archive (several personal messages that were
mistakenly posted to HES, and a number of one-line replies to messages
that did not add to HES discussions). The messages I did not archive would
not have passed through the current screening that the moderating editors
do for messages submitted to the list -- they would have been re-directed
to an individual rather than the list, or sent back for re-consideration.

May the future discussions of HES be as good as those we have already
had!!

Ross Emmett
HES editor