Date:
Anil Nauriya wrote:

> One problem is that there are inherently powerful tendencies which run
> against the critiquing of prevailing institutions. There is a sort of
> "incumbency factor" which operates in favour of neoclassical or
mainstream
> economics. To subject prevailing institutions to scrutiny, one has to
> survive against the grain.

The incumbency factor may exist to some extent up higher on the food chain,
say, on what we here in California call the State or University level of
college instruction. On the high school and "junior" college level,
however, the instructors lack the skills to tackle what you would call
mainstream or neo-classical economics. On this lower levels it's pretty
much straight institutions and the history of institutions that has the
incumbency factor.

Chas Anderson