From:
[log in to unmask] (Roger E. Backhouse)
Date:
Again, this is not the source that has been requested, but the following
quote may be of interest. It comes from a review of the General Theory by
Montague Fordham (I cannot provide further information about who he was,
and cannot identify the people he refers to, or judge the veracity of the
story). The review was entitled "The conversions of Keynes" (in HG's
Weekly, March 26, 1936:

"Some years ago Mr Maynard Keynes wrote a book: it was sent for review to a
certain relatively humble person of my acquaintance. The reviewer pointed
out that in the second half of the book Mr Keynes had destroyed the
argument put out in the first. A mutual friend took, it is said, the review
to Keynes and asked him if he was going to reply. "No", so the story runs,
he replied, "I changed my mind in the middle of the book."

(The review is reprinted in Keynes: Contemporary Responses to the General
Theory, Bristol: Thoemmes Press (HB), South Bend: St Augustine's Press
(PB), 1999.)

Roger Backhouse