From:
[log in to unmask] (Stefan Hopp)
Date:
May be the translator's foreword of the German translation of the first
edition of Say's Traité [1803] will be helpful for your research topic. The
[1803] edition of the Traité is sometimes referred to as a popular "remake"
of Smith's WoN. It has been translated by Ludwig H. Jakob and was published
in 1807 (1806?) in Halle und Leipzig at Ruffsche Verlagshandlung. As far as
I remember the foreword, Jakob maintains a high opinion of both Smith's and
Say's economics.

Another aspect may be discovered by analyzing the activities of Friedrich
Heinrich Jacobi Jacobi as an economic advisor in Munich, were he tried to
introduce economic reforms originating in Smith's WoN. (I only know this
from a personal conversation with the head of the Jacobi-Research-Institute
at Bamberg University, Dr. A. Mues). If you plan to follow this thread, you
can contact him at [log in to unmask]).

All the best,
Stefan Hopp
Bamberg University