From:
Annamaria Feltracco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:43:35 -0500
With all due respect (no pun intended) - get real!

On what planet is being respectful and non-judgmental (even of those of us
who drive SUVs - and by the way live in the country and need the 4 X4 option
for our rural, underserviced, ignored roads) an impediment to challenging,
forthright discussions and careful examination of our work????

This list serv is NOT a family discussion around the kitchen table - it is a
public and valuable forum for an open exchange of ideas - I wonder how
willing our valued colleagues are going to be to ask questions on this list
serv when they know that they can be ridiculed (yes, that's what it was) for
their ideas / work??? We all have facilitated groups, coalitions and
meetings where we encourage a free flow of thoughts and ideas and that while
you may not agree with an individual's opinion, it does not make that
opinion any less valuable.

There are certainly MANY other ways someone as gifted as you, Dennis, could
have expressed your opinion and challenged the approach while not passing
your own personal judgement on someone's work.

This exchange has impeded the very causes that you champion, Dennis, not
enhanced it.

Annamaria Feltracco