From:
[log in to unmask] (Sam Bostaph)
Date:

I am wondering if Shah and Roy are using the words "valorize" and "valorizing" in
different ways.

I was unfamiliar with the words until they used them.  My Random House Dictionary of the
English Language defines "valorize" as "to fix and provide for the maintaining of the
value or price of (a commercial commodity) by purchasing the commodity at the fixed
price."

Perhaps there is a future for the term as a euphemism for "price supports," in the same
fashion as "price caps" is the new euphemism for "price controls."

Could we have some clarification?

Sam Bostaph