From:
[log in to unmask] (Pat Gunning)
Date:
Ben

It is not clear, at least to me, what you mean.

First, by "motivated ideological interpretation," do you mean "intentional distortion of
the true meaning?" If so, do you believe that "rhetorical analysis" would enable one to
make a non-ideological interpretation of Smith?

Second, what do you mean by the "Enronization of society?" I doubt that you are suggesting
that Smith was most concerned about a society in which the managers of corporations and
their accountant advisors conspire to defraud stockholders and creditors. Could you be
more specific?

Pat Gunning